C. Kim Shierk
- p. 248.642.0333 ext. 337
C. Kim Shierk possesses more than thirty years of experience and maintains one of the most highly regarded real estate law practices in the state.
Ms. Shierk’s practice focuses on residential and commercial real estate development, with an emphasis on condominium law and a wide range of community property development. She also has extensive experience in telecommunications law.
Ms. Shierk is a frequent lecturer on a variety of real estate-related topics for the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and for the Real Property Law Section of the Michigan State Bar. She has authored numerous articles and a book chapter used by attorneys and others for their continuing legal education.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Shierk was a name partner in the Myers Shierk & LaBelle, PLLC law firm, and a partner with Dykema Gossett PLLC.
Ms. Shierk is frequently recognized for legal excellence by her peers and ranking organizations, and was recently selected as one of Michigan Lawyer’s Weekly 2016 Women in the Law.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Real Property Law Section Council, former Chair (2011-2012)
- Land Title Standards Committee, Member
- Committee for Condominiums, Co-ops and PUDs, former Chair (1996-2005)
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Master Gardener – currently volunteer for Cranbrook Gardens
- Multiple participant in 3-day Walk for Breast Cancer Research
Honors & Awards
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly's 2016 Women in the Law
- “The Best Lawyers in America” Selected by Woodward/White, Inc.
- “Top Lawyers in Michigan” Selected by DBusiness Magazine
- Michigan “SuperLawyers” Selected by Thompson Reuters
- “Top 100 Michigan Lawyers” Selected by Thompson Reuters
- “Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit” Selected by DBusiness Magazine
- “Michigan Women Leaders in the Law” Selected by FORTUNE® Magazine
- “Top Women Attorneys in Michigan” Selected by Hour Detroit
- State Bar of Michigan, 1984
News & Insights
- December 18, 2017
- November 1, 2017
- Ten attorneys from Williams, Williams, Rattner & Plunkett, P.C., in Birmingham, Michigan, were named to the 2017 Michigan Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists.September 5, 2017
- January 3, 2017
- Four attorneys from WWRP have been selected for inclusion in dBusiness Magazine's list of "Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit - 2017"Winter 2017
- Four attorneys from WWRP have been selected for inclusion in dBusiness Magazine's list of "Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit - 2016"January 5, 2016
- Nine attorneys from WWRP have been selected for inclusion in Thomson Reuters' list of "Michigan Super Lawyers 2016"January 3, 2016
- January 2, 2016
- March 20, 2015
Articles & Publications
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education - Author of Chapter titled “Condominiums and Cooperatives, 2000; updates: 2002; 2004; 2006; 2016.
- Mears and Shierk. “Workouts, Receiverships and Foreclosures on Michigan Residential Condominium Projects: A Road Map for Mortgage Lenders.” 36 Michigan Real Property Review 4, Winter 2009.
- “Updates to the New Amendment to the Michigan Condominium Act.” 29 Michigan Real Property Review 3, Fall 2002.
- Makower and Shierk. “The New Amendments to the Michigan Condominium Act - Know the Changes that will Affect the Practice of Condominium Law.” 29 Michigan Real Property Review 2, Summer 2002.
- “Changes in Condominium Development and Operation,” 28 Michigan Real Property Review 4, Winter 2001.
- Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, “Wireless Communication Leases,” July 2016.
- First American Title Insurance Corporation Commercial Symposium, “Update on Condominium Law,” June 2015.
- Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, “Covenant, Restrictions and Easements: An Overview for Commercial and Residential Properties,” July 2014.
- Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, “Wireless Communication Leases,” April 2014.
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education / Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, Moderator “Condo Basics and Beyond,” May 2013.
- Washtenaw County Bar Association, “Troubled Condominium Projects,” November 2010.
- Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, “Troubled Condominium Projects,” July 2010.
- Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, “Legislative Update,” March 2010.
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education / Real Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan, Moderator “Buying a Condo: Understanding Contingencies, Restrictions and Operations,” December 2008.
- University of Detroit Law School, Detroit, MI, J.D., 1984
- Justice Frank Murphy Honor Society
- Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI, B.A., 1978