Offering clients exceptional litigation skills and extensive national experience, David Plunkett provides expert legal services covering all aspects of commercial litigation, including contract disputes, zoning and land use, employment law, intellectual property, real estate and insurance coverage. Mr. Plunkett also provides expert counsel regarding real estate, zoning, employment, and a wide range of other business matters. He has represented companies and individuals in a variety of businesses, including residential and commercial development, securities, insurance, tool manufacturing and distribution, and automotive.
Prior to joining WWRP, Mr. Plunkett was a partner with Grippo & Elden LLC in Chicago and an associate with Morgan Lewis LLP in Washington, D.C. He is admitted to practice in Michigan, Illinois, the District of Columbia, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit and numerous United States District Courts.
Mr. Plunkett's recent experience includes the following:
- Obtained $4.2 million Judgment on behalf of national litigation funding company, as featured in Crain's Detroit Business, "Big Cases of 2012: Investor Slices Settlement Pie."
- Serving as interim lead counsel for a putative nationwide class in global anti-trust price fixing conspiracy litigation.
- Representing a leading provider of treatment for addictive disorders throughout southeastern Michigan in federal litigation asserting claims under the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Fair Housing Amendments Act and for constitutional violations arising from municipal zoning and land use decisions.
- Representing retail, commercial and single family developers in multiple litigation matters arising from municipal zoning and land use decisions and construction disputes.
- Representing an international insurance syndicate in litigation brought by a national mortgage lender asserting claims in excess of $10 million.
- Representing a leading company in silicon based solar technology in trade secret litigation brought by a Fortune 500 company.
- Advising an insurance holding company on corporate structure, finance and strategy issues.
- Representing a waste handling and disposal business in litigation involving environmental liability, breach of contract and indemnification issues.
- Various matters involving counsel and litigation representation on employment law issues on behalf of both employers and employees.