Robert A. LaBelle
- p. 248.642.0333 ext. 317
Robert A. LaBelle’s practice focuses on real estate, municipal and environmental law, with a substantial emphasis on the acquisition, sale, development, leasing and subleasing of commercial real estate, surplus asset disposition and management, the permitting, licensing and zoning of commercial properties, real estate financing, environmental regulation and investigation, and oil and gas law. In these practice areas, he has represented many national retailers and regional developers and businesses.
In his more than 30 years of practice, Rob has negotiated and drafted thousands of leases, subleases, purchase and development agreements, easement agreements and loan documents. He developed the master forms for leasing, subleasing and asset disposition that are still used in the real estate departments of some of the nation’s largest retailers and developers. He has appeared before over a hundred different community planning and zoning boards throughout Michigan and worked with the Michigan Department of National Resources, Department of Environmental Quality, and many County Drain Commissioners and Road Commissions.
A sought-after speaker and author, Rob has presented seminars on many commercial real estate and leasing topics at legal and professional forums and his articles have appeared in numerous legal and industry publications.
He is frequently honored by peers and ranking organizations for excellence in the field of real estate and related disciplines. Most recently, he was cited by Woodward/White, Inc., as among “The Best Lawyers in America, 2016.”
- State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Mt. Hope Congregational Church, Moderator and Chairman of the Deacons and Trustees Boards, Livonia, MI
- Habitat for Humanity Detroit, Director, Board of Directors, Detroit, MI
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Governing Member, Detroit, MI
- Angel Food & Gleaners, low cost food distribution, volunteer, Livonia, MI
- Pioneer Clubs of America, organizer and teacher, Livonia, MI
- CROP Walk America, local captain and volunteer, Livonia, MI
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, Woodward/White, Inc., 2014 through 2016
- Top Lawyer, Real Estate Law, Metro Detroit, 2015, DBusiness Magazine
- State Bar of Michigan, 1985
News & Insights
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 1985
- University of Chicago, A.B., 1982, with honors