Jeremy M. Manson
- p. 248.642.0333 ext. 316
Jeremy focuses on immediately assessing business and litigation risks to recommend the best legal strategy. He has a robust litigation practice, particularly business and real estate disputes, and routinely appears in state and federal courts. Jeremy began his career with a large Chicago law firm where he developed his advocacy skills in one of the most litigious counties in the country.
Jeremy’s clients include individuals, small closely held companies, and large corporations, whom he represents at all stages of litigation, from pre-suit investigation to discovery, dispositive motions, trial, and appeals. He excels at both written and courtroom advocacy and is equally comfortable crafting a winning legal strategy as he is successfully arguing a case in court. He has been involved in many significant and noteworthy matters, with claims in the millions and even billions of dollars. He is also conscious of the costs of litigation; he focuses on efficiency and encourages early resolution when appropriate.
Jeremy proudly serves on the Board of Directors of the Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association, and he is also a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Oakland County Bar Association, and the Jewish Bar Association of Michigan. Respected by his peers, he was named to Super Lawyers’ list of Rising Stars in 2016.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Jewish Bar Association of Michigan
- Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association
- Board of Directors, 2019 to present
- Tamarack Camps
- Committee Member, 2018
- Citizens Research Council of Michigan
- Centennial Committee Member, 2015-16
- American Inns of Court, Oakland County Chapter, 2015
- Legal Prep Charter Academies, Chicago, IL
- Associate Board Member, 2011-12
Honors & Awards
- Michigan Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2016
- State Bar of Michigan
- United States Federal District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States Federal District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Represented major financial creditor ($1.4B claim) in the City of Detroit bankruptcy resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Defended public and private corporations against preference actions brought by City of Detroit arising from the city’s bankruptcy resulting in favorable settlements.
- Successfully defended fiber and internet service provider against $14M claim brought by the United States involving the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act resulting in favorable settlement of the federal government’s demand for repayment of certain infrastructure improvement grants and loans.
- Represented precious metals trading company against a vaulting company for breach of contract involving $4M heist of precious metals resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Represented 22% shareholder in a $4M minority shareholder oppression case resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Obtained a $435,000 verdict after a 3-day jury trial for the sellers of nine pharmacies in a business litigation dispute against the buyers involving the reconciliation of prescription drug claims.
- Presented winning oral argument before the Michigan Court of Appeals in a case involving a fraudulent transfer and contract interpretation.
- Successfully defended on appeal in the U.S. 7th Circuit liquidation company against collusion claim arising from $2.5M auction purchase of ethanol plant.
- Represented liquidation company in a subpoenaed deposition involving a $1.5B dispute between Motors Liquidation Company and JPMorgan Chase Bank arising from General Motors’ bankruptcy.
- Developed principal argument defeating a motion to transfer venue under the Montreal Convention in the representation of a Michigan corporation against a Canadian airline and New York corporation for damage to goods shipped overseas.
- Represented homebuyers against sellers in disputes involving the Seller Disclosure Act resulting in favorable settlements.
- Represented both homeowners and construction companies in disputes involving construction defect claims resulting in favorable settlements.
- Represented individuals in partition-of-property cases against former domestic partners resulting in favorable settlements.
News & Insights
- Michigan State University College of Law, Juris Doctor, 2006
- Trial Practice Institute
- James Madison College at Michigan State University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, 2003
- Study Abroad at the University of Cambridge, England